1. If you use Windows Live Messenger or other Windows Live services, you may see a message asking if you want to sign in using your Windows Live ID. Click No. If this is the first time you’ve opened Windows Live Mail 2011, the Add your email accounts window will appear automatically (continue to step 2).
Otherwise, go to the Accounts tab and click the Email button on the toolbar.
2. Fill in your account details (see below the screenshot if you need help with this).
Email address: Enter your RiverNet email address (email@example.com).
Password: Enter your RiverNet password
Display Name for your sent messages: Enter your name (or the name you’d like people to see when you send them email)
When you’ve done this, click Next.
3. Fill in your mail Server addresses and Logon username (your email address)
Incoming Server information:
Server Type: Choose POP for the Incoming e-mail server type
Server address: pop.rivnet.net The port number is 110
Authenticate using: Make sure this says Clear text
Logon user name: Enter your RiverNet email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Outgoing server information:
Server address: smtp.rivnet.net
Requires authentication: This must be checked
Click Next to continue.
4. That’s all you need to do, click Finish.
5. Your mail account is now ready to use. Click Send/Receive (it’s on the right side of the Home tab) or press F5 on your keyboard and your email will be downloaded to your Inbox.