1. Open Outlook Express
2. If a window pops up and says Outlook Express is not currently your mail client would you like to make in your default mail client? Uncheck “Always perform this check when starting Outlook Express” and click Yes.
3. Click Next and type in your name in the Display Name window
4. Click Next and type in your RiverNet email address (in all small letters) in the Email Address window
5. Click Next. In the My incoming Mail server window choose POP 3 from the pull down menu if it is not already selected. In the Incoming Mail Server window type pop.rivnet.net and the Outgoing Mail Server window type smtp.rivnet.net
6. Click Next. In the Account Name window type in your RiverNet email address (in all small letters) and in the Password window type your RiverNet password (in all small letters) All you will see for this is *****’s. Leave the check beside Remember password and do not put a check mark beside Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA). Click Next and click Finish.
7. Open Outlook Express: Click Tools -> Accounts . Click on the mail tab then properties button, click the Servers tab, click the “My Server Requires Authentication” checkbox (at bottom) and click Apply, click OK, then click Close.
Your Outlook Express email should now be set up for email. You may test your email by sending a to your own email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” where you substitute your username for username.